Recycling Clothes For Cash
Recycle Old Clothes for Cash
Welcome to Cash for Clothes in Barry, the home of textile recycling across the Vale of Glamorgan. We want your old clothes! If you have clothes you no longer wear which are still in a good condition, bring them along to The Old Warehouse, 91 Station Street, Barry, where we will pay cash for every item we accept. It’s as simple as that!
Perhaps you’ve been on a diet and now your old anorak looks more like a tent! Maybe you’ve finally accepted that shell suits are just not fashionable anymore and it’s time to get shot. Whatever the reason, bring them along and we will recycle your old clothes for cash. And, if you have ten bags of clothes or more, just call 01446 735789 and we’ll travel to Barry and the local area to pick your clothes up from you.
Every little helps!
Recycling clothes for cash is a great way of giving your home a good spring clean. Not only can you create some space for the season’s hottest threads, you can also make money to pay for nights out, family trips, kids’ clubs or birthday presents.
When you bring your old gear along, we weigh it and pay an instant sum based on the combined weight of all your items. A minimum weight of one kilogram does apply.
What do we accept?
We’re not picky. As long as it’s in a good condition we’ll accept almost all clothing items. This includes:
Men and women’s clothing:
- Body warmers
- Long coats
- Smart trousers
- Sheepskin coats
- Dressing gowns
- Polo shirts
- Dress shirts
- Evening dresses
- Strappy tops
- Silk skirts
- Prom dresses
- Party dresses
- Wedding dresses
We also accept and recycle children’s clothes for cash, including:
- Baby clothes
- Baby grows
- Baby shoes
If you have unwanted shoes in good condition we will happily pay you for those. All shoes should be paired and undamaged. We accept:
- Climbing shoes
- Walking boots
- Casual boots
- Cowboy boots
- Wellington boots
- Industrial footwear
- High heels
- Kitten heels
- Running shoes
The above should be used as a guide only. If you have items which have not mentioned, please give us a call on 01446 735789 or email: email@example.com
We only accept clothing in good condition
Here is a checklist to give you a better idea which clothes we will accept:
- Would you wear the garment giving its current condition? If yes, then there’s a good chance we’ll accept the item.
- Is your clothing dirty or smelly? If so, give it a wash and dry it thoroughly before bringing it along to Cash for Clothes and it will probably be fit for sale.
- We only pay cash for clothes and shoes in good condition. Check every item for any sign of damage, including holes, missing buttons and general wear and tear.
- If your clothing is discoloured, stained or has faded, unfortunately we will not be able to accept it.
Fascinating textile recycling facts
You might not think recycling is a particularly interesting topic, but we’re trying to save the world here in our own little way, and by recycling clothes for cash, you’re doing your bit too.
Did you know…?
- Of all the clothes collected, half are reworn, while the other half are recycled.
- If all the people in the UK were to buy one garment made from recycled textiles every year, it would save 480 tonnes of chemical dyes, and 1.6million litres of water!
- Over three quarters of the people in many African countries exclusively wear second hand clothing.
- The environment thanks you for recycling your clothes for cash. The use of recycled materials in manufacturing processes greatly reduces the amount of CO2 emissions produced. Typically, by collecting just one kilogram of clothing, it is possible to reduce: CO2 emissions by 3.6 kilograms; water usage by 6000 litres; the use of fertilisers and pesticides by 0.3 and 0.2 kilograms respectively.
What happens to the clothes we collect?
The majority of the clothes we collect are sorted and sent to Kenya where they are worn by low income families in real need of clothing. Those clothes and shoes unsuitable for this purpose are completely recycled to make the most of every single item. So, not only do you receive cash for your old clothes, you also benefit from the peace of mind that comes from helping disadvantaged people across the world.
Clothes recycling for cash - testimonials
“My closet was getting way out of hand. I didn’t have any room for new clothes and everything was spilling out all over the floor. I had loads of old items from way back that I had hardly worn, so I sorted them into four full black bags and took them along to Cash for Clothes in Barry. They accepted nearly every item and gave me the cash there and then. It only took a couple of minutes, and I had money to buy some new clothes for summer.”
Claire, 26, from Barry
“We all know how important it is to recycle, and I felt I wasn’t really doing my bit. I had so many old clothes and shoes that I wanted to get rid of, so rather than throw them out, I thought I’d look on the internet to see if there was anywhere that would take them. I live in Penarth, so when I found a clothes recycling store in Barry, I bagged up all my clothes and went along. I didn’t even really care about the money, but they gave me way more than I ever thought they would! And at least now I know my clothes aren’t sitting on a landfill site somewhere.”
Keith, 43, from Penarth